Friday, August 24, 2007

P16. INTROSPECTION

One day in the rainy days,
A woman came to my humble abode,
In the lovely guise, of a beautiful bride.
To give my home an exotic fragrance;
To give my dreams - a little bit of sweetness.
Suddenly a wild wave broke over my shoulder,
And drowned all my words in my heart.
She stood steadily beneath the roof,
Slowly turned, glanced at my face,
Shyly and with faltering steps,
Came near and sat by my side;
Taking her hands in mine I said: -
You do not know me nor do I know you,
I wonder what it could mean -
What the future has in store for us?
She said 'lets try our best to build bridges
And overcome all hurdles that come in the way'.
Between two beings - each to the other unknown,
Thus started a journey on the family path!
Some smiles, some pains, some joys, some sorrows!
Through them we strived with our limited means,
Aided by the guidance of the time and our elders,
To chart a course on the journey of our lives,
And with diligence tried to build up a GOOD FAMILY.
Yes we have been strict, yes we have often admonished,
But in our hearts we had always LOVED and CARED.
We are really proud of your achievements,
And more so we are proud of our grandchildren.
And on this the GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS,
When all of us have gathered together,
We would like you to be the Jury,
And give us your collective judgment!!!!!
The memories of the times we've shared,
Together with the fun and laughter enjoyed,
Get revived often and today add a magical flavour.
We both sincerely wish all the Happiness,
Which your families so richly deserve,
In the days to come and remember,
Our good wishes come with,
A deep sense of GRATITUDE,
MINGLED WITH UNWAVERING LOVE.

No comments: